This part-time position encompasses all areas of the medical billing department. The billing team works as a close-knit unit, sharing functions and responsibilities, thus offering the opportunity to learn all aspects of the function and keep abreast of industry changes.
Location: Winter Park, FL
Duties and Responsibilities
- Patient Demographics entry / review
- Charge entry / review of Diagnosis and Treatment codes
- Facilitate all activity with regards to electronic and paper claims submission
- Follow-up on denials with practices/patients and resubmit with updated information
- Maintain compassion with patients serviced, while following compliance and privacy guidelines
- Prepare and send statements for patient balances
- Process and mail paper claims
- Support accounts receivable and liaise with insurance carriers, patients and guarantors
Skills and Experience
To perform successfully in this role, it is necessary to possess attention to detail. The ability to effectively manage time and complete tasks accurately is required.
- This is an entry-level position. Training will be provided
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office tools required
- Working knowledge of medical accounts receivable software programs preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and independent judgment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One to Two years of experience in medical billing a Plus